Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference and Salsa go hand in hand..........

How I love the smell of Salsa!!!! I come home and my hair smells like Salsa!!!! Then I have to take a shower and the smell is gone. It is so yummy again this year. If I am careful it will last the year. Then there is the silliness that comes along with it. We get so tired and the boys are so weird. The dogs are running around looking for food. It's what it's all about!! Then we get together on Sunday for the Salsa to be delivered and have a meal. We watch Conference and this time it ended up in a nerf gun war, card throwing and hand shocking game. Chet, James and I made 3 different yummy treats. It was a great time spent with friends. Chrys is in Ohio and CJ is back from Bulgaria is the only change. We had CJ bless the food in Bulgarian. It was beautiful!! This is always one of my funnest weekends of the year!! I always look forward to it!! We feasted on wonderful words and we feasted on wonderful food!! What a great way to start October!!! :]


Dear Family,



Heyooo!! Sounds like another grrreat week! Is there ever a bad one though? Nahhh. Oh man i got to conference on Saturday and all i could think taste and smell was salsa. Ha ha save a jar for me! Yum. How is it this year? Weird that Cj can speak Bulgarian. Ha ha. I guess it makes sense since he was there for 2 years huh...i don't use my brain often. That's so crazy all those missionaries are coming home!! That was so fast! What the heck! Ha ha. Dalton Slangrup ask to be friends?! Sweet!! Yes he is a priest in Pickerington, a very awesome kid! How cool.


Well, yes, i am now in Xenia! This place is AWESOME! It has more different churches then i've seen my whole life. I thought Pick-Town had a lot, nuh uh! This place has a different church every 5 ft! It's crazy! But cool. It was hard leaving Pick-Town, it was like leaving home again! I am going to miss all the wonderful people i met and taught. Ah man and we had a couple baptisms this week! Ha ha. My companion is Elder Riggs, a very solid missionary. He came out the transfer after me, which means i am senior companion. The assistant announced it and i was like, whhaa? Ha ha. He also lived about 5 minutes away from our old old house in Orem ha ha and he went to Mt. View. Funny huh? I'm pretty sure i saw him too before we came out. Xenia really is so awesome though. The Dayton East Stake is the biggest in Ohio. Our ward has 300+ members in it, ACTIVE members. I don't know how many less actives we have, but i'm sure it'll put it over 400. Pickerington had almost 150 active members and about 50 less actives. Big difference! It is an amazing ward though. I am so excited to be serving here. I've already got a billion ideas for this area :) Stoked! Plus.....it's a car area!!!!! Yeauhhh! Get thee hence bike!


Oh, Elder Rawlings is awesome!!!


Anywayyyy, conference ROCKED! Holy moly i seriously took over 30 pages of notes. No joke! It was amazing! I have a ton of favorites, but the one Carl B Cook of the seventy gave was one of my most favorites. It's better to look up! I love it! I loved what he said about releasing our burdens. "Look up and step up and we will then cheer up because God wants us to be happy." I also love, "We can never repay Christ, but we can love the Lord." Brilliant. Oh oh!! And the best 2 years FOR my life! I think i might have to add a little to that, FOR and OF my life. It has been so incredible i can't even put into words. There is nothing i would rather be doing! This is the best 2 years everyone is talking about! Oh and in priesthood session......dad.....did you see Caleb Chapman in the choir?!? Ha ha! The choir was from PG and i totally saw him in there. So funny! I grabbed my companion and was like, I know him!! Ha ha. So random and awesome.



A quote from a member at dinner last night, " some people need a high five..to the face..with a chair." i about died laughing ha ha.


Ok so, i am sending the package today with pictures. It has a lot of random junk in it ha ha but i hope you will like it. I am also working on getting another present for you guys that i think you will love! It is awesommmme to say the least.


We went to hippie central of Ohio this morning. Very interesting. I'm sure it didn't help that we were walking all on the streets playing the uke either, ha ha. It brought up some good conversations.

Well my flamily, ha, i love you! I am loving it here. I am getting happier and happier by the hour! Ha ha and when i think i am happiest, i get happier! Ok maybe that is an exaggeration, but still, i'm happy! This church is TRUE! I love my Savior with all of my heart. I am so grateful for serving here in the great Ohio Columbus Mission. It's the best! I love you!!!!!!!!


-Elder Robinson

P.S. I played a drum set yesterday ;) i still got it he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment