Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Silly Faces and Silly Words.........

This week I am grateful for Skype, texting and Facebook. They keep me in touch with all my family far away. Who knew my Grandsons had such dance moves!! My Granddaughter saying she wants to scream and sing with me at Disneyland again. Then sharing Elder Robinson with everyone over the net. I am grateful to meet new people who were in Elder Robinson's ward just a few weeks ago. I learned that he is still a goof-ball. He had Nerf gun wars on Mondays because no one was at the church. He was on the dream team! He did the cinnamon challenge with this young Elder, but filmed it instead of doing it. He did it in my kitchen when he was 16 with his friend. So I guess once was good enough for him. I learned that he took over when his companion was trunky and made sure things got done, but still had a lot of fun. That this young Elder is looking forward to being his friend for life. I love missionary homecomings when they use words like jerk, stud, suck, poop, crap and turn it to-Christ like service. How do I love my neighbor. It's not about me. If you gave me a plane ticket I would go back right now. I am truly grateful for what life is giving me and the people who share it with me!!! :]


Dear family,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA CHERYL!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!



Sounds like a great week you all had! First off, Mom, i laugh at you jumping at the fake bat. Ha ha! And of course dad and the "spider". So funny! I love it. Speaking of Lucky, i pet a dog that had the face of lucky, i fell in love with it ha ha i pet it for a good while. Ah the Moline family!! I miss them. I need to send a letter out to them. How are they doing? I can't remember if i mentioned this or not but that family in my last area, the Warenski's, the ones that know the Moline's, we're related to them ha ha! Not even kidding. We did a family history thing and they are related to the goodwin's as well. My 4th cousins! Great family. Tell Bonnie i say hi! And sorry i couldn't say bye to her. And to also give the new missionary a hard time ;) ha ha just kidding. Bryce and Kurt are back already?? Crazy! That's awesome though!! Rough for Bryce, 13 months in one area?? That is rough. Elder Rawlings would have been in the area right next to mine if i would have stayed ha ha crazy huh.


ELDER BROWNING!! Yeuhh! Ha ha i only got to talk to him for a second the other day, but that is so cool he is going to visit!! I'm going to send you an awesome picture of him ha ha. Say good bye and good luck for me. Also, if you could, get his mission home address? That is something i failed to do. And after him Collin should be coming! I'll have to get his number and talk to him about it if you haven't already.


Alright, to start off, we have someone on date! Alex Mansfeild. His story is AWESOME! It starts a year ago, he was on a plane coming from Chicago to Dayton and a stranger came and sat next to him and started talking to him and knew Alex's name and all these really detailed stuff about him. He had never met this guy before in his life! He was kind of freaked out. But then they stranger told him that his life was going to change in 1 month. So Alex was like ok whatever crazy guy. They talked more about all sorts of things until the flight ended and then he gave Alex a business card. After the flight him and his wife followed the stranger outside and as soon as he went out, the stranger disappeared. SO after he was home he went to where the address was for the business here in Dayton and it was all boarded up. So then he went across the street to some other stores to ask about it and they said that there had a been a big fire a year ago and that the man he was describing had died in the fire and that this wasn't the first time that someone had come looking for him. Crazy i know! Right after that the missionaries came in contact with him and started teaching him. He was progressing and doing really well but then he got really sick and had to be admitted into the hospital, exactly a month after he had met the stranger. He got so sick he wasn't able to be taught. So now, about a year later, he prayed for Heavenly Father to send another set of missionaries to come and if they did come, that he would join the Mormon church. And here we are!! Ha ha. Elder Riggs and his last companion came in contact with him a few weeks ago and we were able to teach him just this past week and committed him to be baptized. He LOVES the gospel and already has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. We are SO excited for him!! He says that this man was sent to him as a messenger of God and this whole experience has made him a believer and that this is what his Father in Heaven wants for him. It was definitely a miracle. We actually sent this story in a voice mail to the Assistants to the President and they sent the voice mail to the missionaries mission wide ha ha. Pretty cool i thought. :)


My eyes hurt from staring at this screen ha ha. Let's see, we are working with the ward a lot right now in getting everyone more motivated to do missionary work. It's working well! We met in a P.E.C. meeting with the bishop and ward mission leader and others and spent a good hour talking about missionary work and what we can do. I was able to take some of the things we used in Pickerington and suggest them and they loved it! We're also going to be doing a 40 day fast for missionary work which will pretty cool. Other areas are doing it and that have at least 4 people on date. There is SO much potential in Xenia it is crazy!! The work can really explode here if we do the things the Lord wants us to. It's so cool being here. The members are awesome. The investigators are awesome. It's just an amazing place.


I can't really think of anything else that has happened. Ha ha. We went to Wright Patt Air Force Base!! It was AWESOME!! Took a bunch of pictures. It was HUUUUGE! You guys should look it up and look at some of the pictures. It's amazing.

The fall leaves are starting to show!! It's beautiful!!! I'll be taking a lot of pictures in the upcoming weeks.

You should be getting a letter in the mail soon :)

I love you all. My testimony of this gospel has grown so much. The more i learn and experience, the more it grows. I love my Savior. I love the Book of Mormon. I love sharing my testimony with others. I know that this is all TRUE! I am grateful for all of you and how wonderful you are. You have been such a big blessing in my life. Thank you for raising me in this church and for the testimonies you have. I love you! Be excellent to each other!!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment