Friday, November 4, 2011

Letting Chrys do the talking this week............ :]

I really couldn't decide what I wanted to blog about so that is why I haven't. So this week I am going to let Chrys do the talking........ :]



Deeeeeaaar FAMILY,




I don't why i typed that in caps.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!


Ok first......James.....you are a girl. Ha ha ha i love that kid. He's growing up! That's funny he's trying on all my jackets and what not. He makes me laugh. Oh how i miss my disco jacket. I am so wearing that when i get back. Ha ha. What video is he in? YM/YW video? Is it like that one i was in? Only better? Ha ha. Except for of course the batman rap thing ha ha where i was on drums for the whole thing. Boo yah! I love hearing how the ward is doing. That is so awesome. I am glad everyone is well! Sis. Dougherty.....is...awesome! Thank her for me. Her and her husband are the best. Love the prayer list idea.


Alrighty welllll. This week was indeed an awesome one! First off. I was able to call Elder Pierce in Pickerington and talk with him for a little while earlier this week. I asked him how he was and he said "sore." I was like "from the car hitting you?" and he said "how did you know?" .......yeah i was just making a joke and it turns out he was actually hit by a car. Ha ha. I laughed pretty hard. A truck stopped for his companion and not for him ha ha hit him pretty hard and completely messed up his bike and he has some cuts and scrapes but is mostly just bruised all over. Crazy huh! I also was able to call Brother Sharples over there, my old ward mission leader. Gosh i love that man! Ha ha it's amazing the friendships you make out here. He's one that i am definitely coming back to visit.


We had the opportunity to attend an AWESOME fireside this last Saturday. Oh my gosh. It was a family that was in the Joplin, Missouri tornado. The one that had over 300 mph winds and went across 22 miles. The tornado went directly over their house while it was at it's strongest point. They had an incredible story though. The husband, Brother Wright had been having dreams about tornadoes and how he had to protect his wife and kids from it. Every 3 weeks he was having these for months up until the tornado hit. While the tornado was on top of them and they being in their parent's basement, he said he remembered the dreams and how he had to protect and stand over his family. So he had them all sit in the corner and he stood over them while knives and such were flying all around. He looked around in about the middle point and he saw his little daughter sleeping in his wife's arms. He said he felt calm and knew Heavenly Father had sent angels to watch over them. The whole fireside was so amazing. There wasn't a dry eye in the audience! Yes, including mine. The whole thing was centered around families and how much our Father loves us. It really brought out the love in me :) i was sitting there and was like, man, i will do anything for my family. I love you all so much. If there is one thing i have taken from my mission, it is my love and appreciation for my parents and my family. Amazing.


Yesterday was a pretty cool day! We had a very full schedule at church. That's how it always is though and i LOVE it! I love running around meeting and working with all these wonderful people. We were asked to do sharing time in primary for the senior and junior kids and boy that was fun! Participating in primary is probably one of my most favorite things to do in the whole world. Kids are too fun. Plus they baked a ton of goodies for us ha ha it was awesome. We were able to teach them more about prayer. Then right after that we were asked to talk in the 5th sunday lesson and present the ward this new thing we will be doing. We are starting a 40 day fast for missionary work in the ward. It's pretty simple but amazing. We eat with the members and give a lesson on fasting and missionary work and then the next day the family fasts for missionary work. Some of the other wards are doing it as well and they have at least 4 people on date for baptism in each area. Right now we have 1 on date with 5 we're putting on date within this week. And we haven't even started the fast yet! Ha ha. It was so cool though. We didn't really know what we were going to say and we had about 20 minutes to fill. Right before we went up I received the prompting to read a part of a talk from given by Pres. Hinckley and read from D&C 4 and expound on them and bare testimony. So i did. I felt like i did well. I don't remember too much of what i said. Ha ha. But hey, i still did what was asked. There was about 100 people there and after the Stake President got up on the pulpit and said we have his full support and later came up and said it was very inspiring and that it pumped the members up. Ha ha. Our meal coordinator had families running up to her asking to have the missionaries as soon as possible to be a part of all this. It was such a testimony builder. I loved it!


The ward is is so amazing. I have never seen so many people give so much support to the missionaries. It is so amazing. The work is exploding more and more each week! I am doing my best to be obedient and i am trying to stay in tune to listen for the Holy Ghost. I have some really cool stories about that but i'll have to write a letter or something because i'm out of time :(

I LOOOOOOVE being a missionary. LOOOOOVE LOOOOVE LOVE it! I love this gospel. I know it's true. Everything about it is true. I love you all so much. Thank you for being so wonderful to me. :)


Until next week!! Be safe!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment