Monday, November 28, 2011

I Love To See The Temple........

This week we had the great opportunity to go to Chet's youngest sisters wedding in California. At the same time Chet and his brother were being sealed to his Dad and step Mom the night before. What a great feeling it is to sit in the Temple with your family and think of all your children and grand children and how much they mean to you. I watched my husband with his family and thought of my kids and the tears of love just flowed. I couldn't stop them. But that's ok, who wants to in precious times likes these. Then the next day we sat in another Temple to see his Sister get married. When she walked into the room and saw her family sitting together she started to cry. It was so sweet. To also have our sweet Grandpa do all the sealings for us made it extra special. There's knowing your loved and feeling your loved. We had both this past weekend. Then to get on and hear that through your prayers of hoping your kids can feel your love on these special days, one is singing "I Love to see the Temple..." is priceless. I do love when family time turns awesome and you don't want it to end.....




Dear Family,


Sound like an absolutely perfect week! Oh man that seriously makes me so happy. We're all stuck together!! Woo! Let's have a big party. When i get back. Ha ha. Wanna hear something funny? I woke up on friday singing, "I love to see the temple" ha ha. I just made the connection of why i was. I seriously could not get it out! I even sang it as i raked leaves at a member's house that night! Oh man. That's cool. Yay temples!!!


Alright so i don't have too much time this week so i gotta be fast.

We are having a baptism this week!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo! Linda Bell is being baptized on Saturday. We are all so excited!! We even cleaned the baptismal font for her ha ha. It is going to be a great day! And the people that referred her to us are coming up from Kentucky to see :) She is excited. The ward is excited. It's just an exciting time!!!

Thanksgiving ROCKED! SOOOOOO much foooooooooood! We had 2 dinners and 3 deserts. But that is just on that day. We had in total 4 thanksgiving dinners. We have a bunch of pie and turkey in our fridge right now ha ha. Oh man. I'm still full from all of it. We had one on wednesday with like 50 non-members at a member's house. Actually the house that Alexis is living in. That was craaaazy. Ha ha. And not necessarily in a very good way. We had to stay upstairs for most of it ha ha. Which turned out to be good! We taught Alexis' mom and now she's going to come to church! Woo! We had thanksgiving with our bishop mainly. It was awesome. Then on this last Sunday he and our ward mission leader invited us to the ward correlation meeting (which i've attended maybe 3 times my whole mission) and it was awesome! One thing that i love doing is building up a ward. We've really been trying to do that. We proposed a bunch of ideas to get the ward more missionary minded and to get them more motivated to reach out to others. The bishop accepted all of them! Ha ha. We're really changing things here in Xenia. The past 2 years they have had 3 baptisms, and now in this next month we are matching that! Ha ha! And we have another 3 potentials to be baptized. We are SO excited. I love this ward.

Met a guy outside of the library that went to jail for scalping someone....and talked to the missionaries while he was in jail. Ha ha. Wow that was fun. Really though it was ha ha. I love silly people.

Had no car for most of the week. Holy moly that was rough!! We did a ton of walking and still got a lot done! Went out knockin on doors for most of it. Conrad let us borrow his Ukulele and we took it everywhere. I'm getting a lot better! Ha ha. Good enough to tract with it! Woo! I'm also teaching Elder Riggs how to play it ha ha. It's so fun!

Found out that i'm not so good at Foosball.....thanks to the bishop....

I'm pretty good at throwing knives...found that out by....throwing knives. Ha ha. Took a cool video for that one

Well.......i think that is about it. I love you all! Thank you for the package!! It's all up on the walls and everything! And the candy is slowly making it's way into my belly! The church is true and the book is blue! Ha ha. Missionary work is the GREATEST thing ever!!!! I looooove it. Seeing this gospel change lives is such an incredible blessing. Have a great week! I love you!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment