Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Big Snow Came.....



     It had to happen sometime. It was sunny and 70 on Thursday then on Friday it started. When we got up Saturday we had 8" of beautiful very wet snow. I learned to balance an umbrella while shoveling. I have to say it was out of laziness of not wanting to put a coat on. I'm glad I did it because then I didn't have to do it on Saturday! Poor Lucky needed some grass shoveled. When it's past your belly it makes it a little hard to do your duty! But her favorite thing to do is eat snow. She comes in with a white mustache. I'm very grateful that the Elder was in Indiana when hurricane Sandy hit. He had a lot of rain and was cold, but nothing that he couldn't handle. The weather is acting up right now. Makes you wonder what this winter is going to be like.....


Dear Family!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA NUNLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Second, yeah. James better write me back! ha ha. I haven't heard from him in tooooo long. Third, i miss the deer!  We see them every once in a while here, mostly because there are no mountains for them to hide in, so they are just kind of all around. I saw a lot more last year than this year. But that sweet that they are coming out again over there!


Well it was a pretty great week here in Batesville! We had some great things happen yesterday. A new family to church! The Dammal family. They are younger, and so awesome! I think i told you about them, the husband is Hindu, and the wife knows a lot about the church from a friend she knew a while back. We found them tracting a few weeks ago. It was so good to see them all there, the ward members loved them too. Everyone came to talk with them!! It was great! We're looking forward to having some good lessons with them this week. They are so awesome, we love them.

We received some referrals from a family here for some people in Lake Santee that we went to contact yesterday, and ended up at the Boyd's house. It was just a drop in visit, and we thought it would be a good thing since we haven't seen her for a while. She's been sick but we came in and answered quite a bit of her concerns which was so good. She's been worrying about so many other things that she has heard, and hasn't done enough reading and praying. So we just testified and pointed her in the right direction to get her answers for the Book of Mormon and things. It went so well!! We've been wanting to meet with her for a long time to help her, but haven't been able to. So it was just an answer to all our prayers. Especially Brother Boyd's, being that he is so ready to be baptized. Then after that she asked for a blessing. The first I've given to a non-member I think! Man the spirit was strong. By the end of the blessing brother Boyd was all tearing up and it made me a little choked up. It was such a great experience, and she said she will be at church on Sunday! He's been coming to church, but she hasn't been yet, so this will be good! Plus they are both having dinner with the bishop here and 2 other members, who are all converts to the church. And we are having dinner with them tomorrow. Man, I love being a missionary. It's just the best of times for sure.

Speaking of blessing, it was funny, just a few weeks ago Elder Johnson and I were talking and we both decided that it had been too long since we had given a blessing to someone. We missed giving them! And then in this past week we've given 3. ha ha. I love it. Tender Mercy!

Halloween was pretty sweet! We had like 100 miles to use the last day of the month so we did a huge loop in our area looking for people. It was a rather boring day, not a whole lot happened. But it ended well at the Garnish's. We passed out candy with them and talked. It was pretty nice, some one asked if we were dressed up as the scary business men from Adventure Time. No idea who that is. ha ha. But ok! That night we had to be in by 7:30 to have a mission-wide study which was pretty good, we actually came up with a few things that we can do for this are to help people get baptized. And all the things we came up with were the same things the leaders in the ward started doing on their own on Sunday. Can't complain! Things are definitely looking up right now. But then again it always is.

We found a new guy this week! Mark! We're working on teaching his family too. He's the one we talked with that night at the Dahl's. You know, the baby bib picture? ha ha. He is sweet though and might be inviting some friends from his church to come to the next lesson!!

Well I'm out of time. It's such an exciting time to be a missionary, and I'd say it's the best time. So much is happening! The world is changing so much, but this church will always stay the same. It's great to see something that is solid and unchanging in such a wishy-washy world that doesn't commit to anything. I love this church. I love the scriptures and the power that is in them. I love Jesus Christ and I am SO grateful for his sacrifice, that for me who constantly messes up, he is always calling me back. It is the same for everyone, that he did suffer and die for everyone, not just collectively but individually. He loves me, he loves you. What a great thing.

I love you all! You mean so much to me! Have a great and safe week! Share the gospel!!

-Elder Chrys Robinson

p.s. it's COLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment