Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

     I did it again. I forgot to blog. It has been a weird week. Nothing out of the ordinary, just weird. I thought I would have at least one more week till all the happy eating started. Now it's just getting all the family schedules put together. I even forgot to eat breakfast this morning. So I am typing this with one hand while I eat a tuna sandwich with the other. I feel a little off haha. I hope that your Thanksgiving plans all go well and you eat with happy hearts. I know that I am looking forward to my daughter in laws mashed potatoes!! Celebrate the season of giving! Have a great week everyone!!


Dear family,


I laughed so hard at the thing about Lucky in the snow ha ha she is so cute! That's a lot of snow! It snowed a little here. Nothing stuck though, but it was nice. It was pretty much straight slush though. Man that's crazy about Elder J, hopefully he is doing ok. You guys are great in helping those missionaries though! Every missionary would love to have a family like you guys :)


Well this past week was pretty great. Besides Elder Johnson breaking our couch, it was good. It was a hard week to get things done, we didn't have very many lessons, but the ones we did have were great. It was kind of a week to set up everything for the next week. It was weird. This week we have a ton of stuff going on! But last week we were able to meet with April and Ashish a few times and teach them the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's so fun teaching them, they are so amazing. If we don't talk to them for a few days then she will call just to check up on us and see how we are doing. And we do the same. Ha ha. I love this family! And the ward is taking them in really well! Everyone is asking about them and wanting to meet them. They have a member family moving in a couple doors down from them that they are always asking about, and that will be this weekend so we will be able to introduce them. Excited to see them continue to progress! I love them!

Annett and Robert are doing well, Robert was going to be baptized this weekend but we felt better about moving it back a little bit, which he agreed with. We had a solid lesson with him yesterday about the Holy Ghost and other things, and he really wants to get his life in order and be baptized. It's pretty awesome. And we actually got to talk for second with his daughter Rosie and we invited her to come to church, and she accepted! I'm excited to see that family turn things around. it's great being a missionary teaching so many great people. :)

Sunday morning we got a call from Emily asking where we were at, which we were at the church, and she was like oh come out back! So we were like ok, then it turns out that she brought her brother to church! Matt! In the 2nd hour we all sat down and had a great lesson all about Heavenly Father and how we can communicate with Him and who He is and just everything! The spirit was strong and it was really good even for me. He's pretty prepared it seemed and he's very willing to learn. He says he wants to change his life around. So later this week we will be teaching him along with Emily and CV! Pretty stoked. They are awesome.

On Sunday we had a mission wide fast to reach our goal of 500 baptisms for the year, which we only need 94 more. But at soon as we broke our fast at a members house we got a call from Sister Watkins about her neighbors. We had done some service for them by raking their leaves a few weeks back and the other night we made some of our famous cookies and brought them over to them and they loved them! She after her husband brought them in to her came running out saying, "Boys you can cook at my house anytime!!" ha ha it was funny. On Sunday they called Sister Watkins because they wanted us over for dinner on Wednesday! How sweet is that! Oh but it gets sweeter! She told Sister Watkins, "I invited another couple to come that night because they wanted to learn about the church too, do you think the boys would be upset about that?" Ha ha woo! Oh man WE ARE BLESSED. Definitely excited for tomorrow!

Well i need to get going. This week is going to be great! I know I say this a lot but I love being a missionary. It is seriously so amazing. I'm just a little weak human being, but man Heavenly Father helps me so much. Especially when I'm thrown into situations when I don't know what to say or teach ha ha. That's a big one. I am so grateful for Him giving me strength to carry on. Elder Long goes home next week, and basically I'm freaked out a little (a lot). It's crazy how fast everything goes. You feel like it is forever, but once you get there or get close you feel like, wait that's it? That's all? There's not more? I am so grateful to be out here having the experience of being a missionary. It is unlike anything in the world. And I would never trade it away for anything. Jesus Christ lives, and Heavenly Father is our loving Father in heaven. I know this gospel is true and is THE ONLY way to happiness. Satan tries to make that seem otherwise. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and it really does guide us safely through this crazy world.

Have a great week! I love you all so much! Transfers are next Tuesday :/ we'll see what happens! SHARE THE GOSPEL!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment