Friday, November 30, 2012

Ahhhhh.........December is here.......tomorrow!!!

     I am loving that Christmas season is here. My lights are up, my tree is fluffed and I am happy I have a few presents. We have to get the Elders box out before his Christmas devotional! Last week I was feeling a little overwhelmed. This week things are still a little crazy, but I am still breathing. I went to Relief Society for an activity. What a great way to start the season. Getting closer to Christ. That's what this season and everyday is really all about! Lets all put the Christ in CHRISTmas!

Dear family,


Glad to hear thanksgiving went well! I love the pictures! It scares me how grown up Harris and Liv are! Yikes! They've grown like a foot! My mind is blown that Elder Rickers is finishing his mission up already. Wow. That went so fast. But i am happy for the Rickers! I'll bet they are all so excited. And Caleb is leaving already?! He always kind of seemed a little older to me so i feel like he should have left forever ago. Ha ha. That is awesome though.


Well now that i am coming out of my turkey coma, let's talk about the week shall we? This past week was amazing. Especially yesterday. It was probably one of the happiest days I've had. April and Ashish made it to church, and had a wonderful experience. Saturday night we went by and had a lesson on the 10 Commandments, Follow the Prophet and Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. They enjoyed all of them and we left with them an assignment to watch President Monson's talk in this last conference, but before we left the lesson turned to eternal marriage, temples and baptism. The spirit was for sure there and it was such a great conversation. Since Last week at church was all centered on Eternal Families, April soaked it all up and wanted us to share it with Ashish because he wasn't able to make it that week. April seems to really want it. At church yesterday, the speakers were so great and I definitely felt the spirit and wondered if April and Ashish were too, so i was praying a lot through that meeting that they would. In gospel principles Elder Johnson was teaching and felt like we needed to talk about eternal marriage more with the other members that were there to help. It went so well! They were asking all sorts of questions and as we were talking about it i could see April looking over at Ashish with this certain smile that I'm sure he knew what meant. Ha ha. After that we went to Elders Quorum with Ashish and had a great lesson. At the end of it Ashish said,"what a great day. It was very enlightening and i felt the spirit." I said,"Really?!" Ha ha i was surprised! But he said he felt it big time during sacrament meeting during the talks. Prayers are answered! At that moment i was so happy. We love that family so much. It's funny how just by teaching someone the gospel you can grow such a love for them and desire for them to come to Christ. I love it. So this next week we are going to help them set a date to be baptized. We're trying to stay at a slower pace just because Ashish really doesn't know much about Christianity, but he's come a far way since we first met him. He's even saying prayers now! So we'll see what happens this next week :)

Matt is doing so good. We're meeting with him 3 days or so a week and he's making a lot of improvements. He brought his Nephew Tyler with him to one of the lessons and now we're teaching him too. They both came to a baptism that was held in Lawrenceburg on Saturday that was so amazing. The lady that was baptized is a TOUGH little lady! I was able to interview her for her baptism and she shared this story with me, she said," No one loved smoking more than i did. I smoked all the time. But 14 years ago i was driving home from work listening to a talk show with a doctor that was giving advice on how to quit smoking, and she said that the addiction itself lasts a week, after that it's all habit. The doctor had all these people calling in saying 'oh i tried it for 3 days and i just couldn't do it!' and i said to myself, i wonder if I'm that weak. I wonder if i could do it. I'm going to try it. So i put the cigarette that was in my hand in the box and threw it in my console and it stayed in there for 2 years. I have never picked up a cigarette since and now no one can accuse me of being weak. I will never pick one up again. I will not be weak." How awesome is that?! She is a great lady. It was such a spiritual baptism. Matt and Tyler really enjoyed it, and Matt is really looking forward to his own. For right now he's set on Dec. 29th but we will probably have to push it back a little bit. But we'll see. We are so blessed though, we are teaching amazing people.

Well i have run out of time, so i must go. I love being a missionary though and teaching the gospel. I love seeing the change it makes in others. Heavenly Father loves his children so much and has given this to us so we can each change and be happy. The gospel is all about change, and i am grateful that i have been changed by it and that i get to continue to change. I love love love my Heavenly Father.

Thank you for everything you all do for me, it means so much. I gotta say, i have the best family ever. Have a great week and be safe! Share the gospel! Go fight win!

-Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment