Monday, April 25, 2011

Blessed............

I was thinking about my family this week and how blessed I am!! I don't get to see everyone of them, but I love them all so much!! Heavenly Father has blessed me and I feel it everyday!! The older I get the more I see his hand in everything that I do. I am so grateful for this!! I am hoping that your week brings you all the love that you are in need of........because really that's what makes it all work!!




Oh family,
What a truly incredible week it has been. It was strange though, almost every one of our investigators bailed on us and tracting wasn't super great except for last night and thursday. Our numbers were terrible! Ha ha BUT! We had some amazing experiences and we have 3 new investigators, pretty solid ones too. We got very few lessons in, but the ones we did get in were just simply amazing. Just goes to show that numbers don't mean a thing out here.
First, there's a man names Francis. I think I mentioned him in last week's email. This guy has been through a lot. He was heavy in drugs and alcohol till he was about 24 then he had his daughter and he made a promise that she would never see him on any drugs. So he was clean for i think he said 21 years till his wife left him and took his daughter, which was about 12 years ago. He has been struggling ever since, but through all of this i feel that Heavenly Father really guided us to him, Francis said the very same thing. He says he wouldn't get up in the morning if it wasn't for us. In our first lesson on monday, he told us pretty much his life story and how he needs God and how he has felt so worthless for all these years. After he told us this, the first impression i had was to bear my testimony, so i did! I was all teary eyed and so was he, there was so much spirit in that room. The second i felt the spirit, i could tell he could too, by the end i could really see his faith in Christ grow, one of the best things i've seen yet. At the very end he offered to say a prayer which shocked both me and Elder Long ha ha! So he said a prayer and then he asked if we could say one too. We have an appointment with him tomorrow. I can't wait to get him into that baptismal font ;)
Yesterday Elder Long and I were able to take the sacrament to this wonderful man in a retirement home, a month ago he had 2-3 strokes and needs to be cared for daily. It was sad, but also so happy. Sitting there talking with him, he and his wife cried as he told us how grateful and blessed he was that he could have the missionaries there to give him the sacrament. Oh man i get the chills just thinking about this! I almost cried it was amazing! After the sacrament he asked for a blessing, and i gave the anointing and a member we were with gave the blessing. SO much spirit there. Ahh i love this job! Ha ha! He said like ten times love you! Love you! Love you! before we left. Amazing.
Ok i wish i could tell you more but i have to go!
I'm sorry i ask for so much! But i just found all this out. I need cash for sending packages. And i have 2 that need to be sent. I have like 6 bucks ha ha send cash please?? Oh and my black steve maddens i wore to church, i would very much love those!!
Elder long and i have made some awweessoome videos of us chasing geese and what not ha ha and i have like 300 pictures! I'll send them with the package.
Tornado sirens rang the other night.
It's Sadie's birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's no such thing as dry skin here.
Oh and i am going to talk to my Zone Leaders this week about the mother's day call, i dunno at what time that with be at but yeah. Pretty stoked! Could you have Sadie there? I only got 4 minutes with her at the airport, plus i just have things to tell everyone.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! My easter was fantastic! Some members got us some eater candy and stuff :) You are the best family in the whole wide world!!!!I'm sorry i can't email dad back :( but i will write him a letter at the apartment.
I have the best job in the world. To bring people unto Christ, what could be better?
Love,
Elder Chrys Adam Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment