Friday, March 8, 2013

Which "Apron" are you wearing...

     I have been wearing many "apron's" this week. What are you wearing right now? I am wearing my baking apron. It has all my brownie mess on it. But that makes it full of love. I am making and freezing brownies for the Elder homecoming right now. So I got thinking, how many different "apron's" did I wear this week. Well there was the Mom, wife, cleaner, organizer, chauffeur, friend, leader, daughter and just me. I think I got them all. As women we really do have to wear a lot of "apron's". Just like I think men have to wear a lot of "hat's". I love that our roles are so different, yet go together so beautifully. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing that's for sure! I know I couldn't do what I do without my partner for eternity Chet! So here's to our "apron's" and "hat's"!!! May you wear them together well!!


Dear family,

Goodness i love you all. I am glad to hear that you had another great week! And dad got the job!!! That was such a sweet call from Sister Nilsen. Thanks for that. That's good that James enjoyed youth conference, some of my greatest memories are from the conferences i was able to be a part of. I know what you mean mom by having your mind full of scriptures, isn't it great?

Well This past week was pretty good. FREEZING. But pretty good. We had a great district meeting, which i have come to find out was my last one :( depending on if President wants one for my last week. This week is zone meeting and next week Elder Bruce D. Porter of the Seventy is coming for a mission tour. Pretty stoked for that! 

We went on exchanges this last week with the ZLs Elder Bullock and Elder Durnall. So fun! I love exchanges. Elder Durnall and I biked probably close to 9 miles that day in the freezing cold and found 2 new investigators, K and her brother J. They are sweet! She was born in Utah and has lived everywhere. He was born in Cali and is out here to help K out until she can move out there with him. We had a solid lesson on the Restoration and invited them to be baptized if they knew the Book of Mormon was true and they said they would. On Sunday we made cinnamon rolls and brought them over to wake them up for church and they already had all the kids ready a hour and a half early! They really enjoyed church too, and the ward really welcomed them in. I love days like those, where you just work so hard to find new people, and then you do. The Lord blesses His missionaries!

A and T and doing so good. I love them so much. It is so fun seeing how much they have grown since we started teaching them. We had a lesson on Tuesday with them and challenged T to receive the Priesthood and he met with the Bishop on Wednesday and he interviewed him for it. He now has the Priesthood! And next week he will be passing the sacrament! We went over last night to congratulate them and to give A a blessing (she has had the flu) and i just can't put into words how much love is in the room when they are there. They have such a sweet spirit about them and they really are answers to so many people's prayers including mine. It will be so hard to leave them. That's probably the suckiest part about being a missionary, is you grow a love for the people and then you have to leave them. Ha ha. Every day I thank my Heavenly father for trusting me enough to let me teach them.

Well that's about it for this week. I love being here and being a part of my Heavenly Father's work. It is so fun, so hard, and so rewarding. I love the scriptures and the words of modern prophets. I love reading about Jesus Christ and learning from what He has taught us. I love prayer. I love the feelings of the Holy Ghost. The gospel is all true and i know it!

Have a great week! I love you all!

-Elder Chrys Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment