Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sunshine, lollipops and craziness...

     Yes I love the sunshine! Yes I love lollipops! Yes craziness keeps you on your toes! So I guess all three can't be bad if they are all together. I feel like when I clean one mess another one takes it's place. I guess that's what you get when you live with guys. I also feel like I'm running out of time and I won't be ready for everything that needs to happen. But it will happen so I guess I better be ready. March is a crazy month. It feels like it is always the busiest. But today is a beautiful day full of sunshine. I went outside my comfort zone this week and went to BYU alone. Yes I felt old standing in the bookstore waiting for the Wilkinson's from Ohio. But it was all good! When I got home I felt like I had accomplished something. I know that sounds funny. But have you been to BYU at lunch time?? There are a lot of young people there!!!! Then I got the disco ball for the Grandkids and the Elder. I just need to find all the bullets to the nerf guns. Sometimes you just have to have a war with Chet and James. I was thinking about having one with the disco ball. That could be cool! Well I must stop rambling and get on with my craziness!! By the way Chet is only 52, I love the Elder's humor!

Dear family,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIV!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a great day!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!! 60 right? ;) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exciting about missionary month. I remember being so nervous when that month came around ha ha but now i can see how valuable it is. I'm excited to be there to help with the dinner!


So this past week was pretty good. The weather has been crazy! Cold then warm then cold then SUPER warm and amazing then rainy then cold and rainy. Ohio's weather is as Elder Watkins calls it "Bi-Polar." I love it here though. The week was filled with crazy lessons and people that just wanted to bible bash for some reason. It was weird. But it was still a good week.

We put K on date for baptism! He is such a cool kid. I don't know if i told you about him or not but he is 17 and is a cancer survivor. We've been teaching him for a little while now and were taking it a little slow with him and then we started focusing everything on baptism. Things sped up as soon as we put that as our focus for him. When we put him on date his main concerns were his friends and the influence they have on him. It just blows my mind how crazy the world is. He explained how everyone around him including his family is on drugs and how he doesn't want to be around that anymore. So we're asking the young men in the ward to get involved and to put focus on him. Better influences ya know? He is such a great kid and i really want him to succeed and come in to the gospel. So as of right now he is preparing for April 29th. It's a little ways away but he will be out of town for a bit. Plus he said 29 is his favorite number. Ha ha. He is awesome.

A and T are doing so good. The ward loves them! They really are answers to so many prayers. They weren't able to make it to church on Sunday because they were in Cincinnati, but A called when they got home to "check up" on us ha ha. I love them so much. It was on that phone call that i told them for the first time that i was going home. Ahh it sucks ha ha. Today we are on exchanges with the Spanish Elders and we will be going over with brother Van Woerkom tonight for a lesson with them. They are just amazing people.

Yesterday we had a fun day with all of the missionaries in Columbus and President and Sister Nilsen. So fun! Games and food and basketball and ping-pong. It was great. I was able to see almost all the Elders from my MTC district and got to catch up a little. I mostly talked with Elder Morley. He is such a great guy and he has grown so much! Also Elder Culler was there and we were able to catch up as well. I love these missionaries. I'm blessed to serve around some of the greatest people ever.

On Thursday we will be having a visit from Elder Porter and his wife. We're all so excited! I have a feeling it will be awesome.

Well i best be going. I am doing well. I'm amazed how fast this has gone by..it's so short. My mind is constantly filled with memories of the past 2 years and i find myself thanking my Heavenly Father more than ever for how great of an experience it has been. I love these people. I know that this work is true, and i know that God is in it. The Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves us. The Book of Mormon bring power into a person's life. I love the gospel and i am so grateful to have it my family.

Until next week! Have fun be safe! I love you all!

-Elder Chrys Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment