Thursday, December 15, 2011

No......I'm not ready......but that's ok.......

So I'm not ready for everything Christmas brings. But that's ok. I will be by the time it comes somehow. I have faith in me. I'm not too stressed yet. I might be next week, but that's next week. I like how Chrys says he lives everyday like it's Christmas. That would be an awesome thing to do. It would make for a happier world I think. But for me, I would just like to have Christ in my life every day. That's what makes me happy. So here is one of my Christmas wishes for all of you, that you may have Christ's love in your lives everyday. It's a great time of year so lets keep it going!!   


Dear Family,



Glad to hear it was another great week! I love the stake choir stuff. I loved going to that every year. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. Christmas ROCKS!


This past week was awesome. It was really inspiring! We had a zone meeting last week where President decided to visit all 9 zones in the mission and lay down the law basically. President is probably the most inspirational man i know. Seriously. He is so much like Elder Holland. I love it. Ha ha. I really enjoy all the chastising he does in the mission ha ha he makes you feel so pumped when he does!! There was a big "grey area" list in the mission where missionaries, even the zone leaders, weren't sure what the rules were regarding them. So he went around and destroyed it! Ha ha. So During weekly planning the next day we tore apart our apartment and rid it of all the things we are no longer allowed. And that same day we found our 4th investigator for the week and the rest of the zone found another 8! Ha ha. It was AWESOME! Last week was one of the best weeks I've had. I love the power that comes from obedience, and the vision and the fire for the work you receive from it as well.


The Christmas Devotional was so good!! President is really good friends with Sean Bradley, the NBA player. He had him come speak to us. He is 7'6" !!!!!! Ha ha he was SO huge! He is LDS! He and his wife served a mission and everything. He was also in Space Jam ha ha he's the tall white guy that gets his ability taken away from him. I actually wanted to rub this in Elder Johnson's face ha ha be like BAM! Maybe in my next letter to him ha ha. It was so amazing though. It was really inspiring. The spirit in that building was so strong! President got up a couple of times and bore his testimony on the Savior. I hope some day you be able to hear President bare his testimony. Oh my gosh. What an amazing man. And yeah i'm not afraid to admit i cried! Ha ha because when President cries you cry! Man. I love being on a mission. Something one of the assistants said was, " I was planning on having Christmas being a huge "pump up" type of thing. To feel real good right before the turning of a new year. Now that is is here, i feel just the same. I thought about it and i realized, people usually focus on Christ only during this time of year, like i used to, but now that i'm a missionary i'm focusing on him all the time, so i am always feeling his spirit with me! I am always feeling the spirit of (Christ)mas. SO it's not just a once a year thing, it's all the year!" Yeah, that's what being a missionary is like, it's Christmas every day! And that's how it should be for every one of us.

Ok well, sorry for the short letter, but it's been crazy busy lately. Didn't even get a p-day! But it is aallllll worth it. With sacrifices comes blessing from heaven!

I love you all! Thank you for all your love and support!!

Merry Christmas! .....i love saying that ha ha.

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment