Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas time is magical......


     So I sit here on this beautiful December 24th and think what a wonderful Christmas season this has been. It has gone by too fast. I always need an extra week. I am so sorry to the people on my Christmas card list because my cards are still on my counter. They will be late this year. But that just means the spirit will keep going. I love to visit the Temple, but to go at Christmas time is magical. It's so cold, but so beautiful. I am grateful my birthday falls at this time of year. I wouldn't have it any other way. I wish for you all a very wonderful and loving Merry Christmas......Here is our family Christmas letter for you all....robinsonsfabulousyear.blogspot.com


Dear Family,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you both!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry it's taken this long to email!! It's been a busy few days. Sounds like a great week for all of you though! Dane is engaged?? Whah? Ha ha that's crazy talk. That is so cool about your friend though!! You should have her give you the names of those in the area. If any of them are members then i'll bet i know them!

This past week was a good hard week. We as a zone do this thing where when we get a new investigator or some kind of miracle we call it in as a miracle. We send the zone leaders either a text or a voicemail and then they send it to the rest of the zone. This past weekend we had a ton of members wanting us to do service which is ok when it doesn't effect the work, but they were all "ox in the mire" things and pretty much were voluntold that we had to do them. I love doing service! But all we wanted to do was go FIND! Ha ha. Every hour in the day we were getting a ton on texts and voice mails and such about all the new investigators everyone was getting and all it made us want to do is go find someone to baptize! It was rough! It was inspiring though! It made me realize how much i really do love missionary work. And how bad i really do want to bring this gospel to others! So this week we committed to find 6 new people. We are so going to do it too. It's a lot! But i know they are out there.

We have 2 more on date! They're 11 and 12. They are hilarious. And SO spiritual. Their mom was baptized about 2-3 years ago in another area and comes to church when she can. We went over and taught the 3rd lesson and focused a lot on baptism which went so well. We invited them to be baptized and they said they really wanted to! The mom really wants it for them as well. Our timing on it all was pretty awesome though, they are like always all over the place and never have a set schedule so it's hard to catch them, but at like 8 at night we found ourselves wondering what to do, then they came to mind! So we decided to go see if we could get in, and sure enough they were there! So great. Man am i grateful to not be alone in this work. I love the Lord!

Elder Riggs and i had a chocolate fight while making BuckEyes. It was a very delicious battle. But we both lost ha ha. Those poor white shirts.......yay Oxi Clean!

Transfers were last week. Ha ha i forgot to tell you guys. The First Presidency is changing up transfers and now missionaries will be in areas for up to a year instead of 4 and a half months. So i'll be here in Xenia for a while ha ha. Of course depending on what the Lord wants. But Elder Riggs and i are here until at least February!

Ok.......I am pretty darn excited for sunday. Ha ha. I get to call! Woo! No skyping here in this mission. But we should be calling anytime around 2:30-3:30 our time. Hopefully you won't be at church or anything. If you don't answer then i'll have a chance to call later that night at another house. It's not a for sure because we don't know exactly where we'll be but it should be around there. Be ready for that Ohio number to pop up on someones phone!!! :)

Oh and full SD cards are on the way :)

Thank you everyone for the letters and packages!!! They brighten my day. I have a big letter from my ward hanging on my wall right now :) I love it!!

I've gotta say, i love life. I love being a missionary. I love sharing happiness. I LOVE the Book of Mormon. It is so powerful and is such a huge blessing!! I love the words of a living prophet. I love knowing that if i rely on him my life can and will be blessed. I love knowing that families are FOREVER. I am so grateful for the spirit and how it testifies to me that all of what my parents taught me is true. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for what he has done for me, for my family, for the people i love and teach, for all of mankind. What a blessed life i have. Oh and i also love counting my blessings. If you can't tell. :)

I love love love every one of you! You are all a part of the many things i am grateful for! Thank you for all of your love and support.

Merry Christmas!

-Elder Chrys Adam Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment