Friday, February 1, 2013

What a week.......

     I should have posted earlier and maybe I would've felt more like it. Then again, maybe not. Just a few more weeks and who knows, I may become a here and there blogger. Lets just throw this out there, we all hate this flu! It comes around and makes you just feel yucky. You get better and it comes back around to visit again. Really?!?! Who said it could do that?? I feel so bad for James. He has missed so much school. His teachers are really nice, but there is only so much you can do if your not there. You can do the work, but part of your grade is being in class. Then there's the my ear hurts really bad! Now my other ear hurts really bad! Your doctor says your rare for bursting your ears. I say thanks and walk out with meds. Blah. But guess what? I don't have to answer my phone because I can't hear that good. Sometimes I can't hear it ring. People talk to me and I don't even know it. I have a really quiet world. How long has it been since I lived in a quiet world. There are small blessings. So I will take the quiet and my meds. Try to be patient. Another test on that one because I haven't learned it all the way. Thank my Heavenly Father that I will hear again. Love my husband for loving me through this. I also hope the tv isn't turned up too loud.......

Dear Family,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER AND CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I only have a few minutes today, so this one will be short. It seems like every week there is less and less time and more and more things to do.

Last week was pretty good. Pharrin and Megan are still preparing to be baptized but on the 23rd of February instead. Pharrin and her Husband are getting married on the 20th to be able to do that. They are amazing though. Pharrin LOVES the gospel and can teach it just like any member could. She is constantly reading and making changes to her life to be baptized, and it is so wonderful to see. Megan is becoming more solid as we continue to meet with her. She is now reading on her own and her understanding has really improved! I'm so blessed to be able to teach them. I love them.

Arelett and Toussaint are doing so good! They are some of the most solid investigators I've seen. I learn so much from just being around them. Even though they speak french and little english, i realize more and more that there is something stronger in our lessons than words. We can understand each other by our feelings rather than by words, it's amazing. I just love going there and being with them. Last night we had a lesson with them which unfortunately i wasn't able to be a part of. I was called into a mission conference call for the old missionaries that will be leaving in the next few months. But Elder Watkins and the member taught them about the priesthood and gave them blessings. Toussaint was in a car accident on Saturday so he was a little banged up and needed one, but he is doing just fine. They said the spirit was so strong that it was impossible not to feel it. I feel SO blessed to teach them, which in reality i feel like i am being taught.

I need to get going, but i just want all of you to know how much i love you and how grateful i am for all of you. I have been doing a lot of reflecting on my life and on my mission and i am just so grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me so many opportunities to learn and to grow. I love the gospel and my Savior so much, and i love these people that he has given me to teach. I love the feelings of the spirit, and how it is possible to have it with you at all times if we let it. The Book of Mormon is true and it does bring us to Christ if we are willing to follow the council it gives us and the doctrines it teaches. Jesus Christ did suffer for us and He does live. We do have a living prophet and he does receive divine guidance for this the true church. I am grateful for my testimony and i look forward to continue to change and become more like my Savior.

I love you all, thanks so much for all you do for me. Have a great week! Share the gospel!!

-Elder Chrys Robinson

P.S. It hurts to be bit by a squirrel. They are also not fun when in your apartment. (s.i.m.a.= squirrel's in my apartment.)


No comments:

Post a Comment