Friday, February 8, 2013

Getting Excited...

     Well I was just going to post the Elder's letter, but when I opened my email I had his flight information. My heart skipped a beat. Wow, 6 weeks from today he will be back home. The first year seemed like it would never end. Then it started going faster. By time Christmas came it has just flown by. Now my head is just not in the game and I'm not ready. Really?!?! Bad timing on my ears! But to keep the sweet missionary spirit going we fed our local missionaries. It's such a great thing to hear their stories. They both had great stories of how they came to the decision  to serve. The work is very important and won't stop. The changing of the ages for both young men and women has proven that. Missionaries rock! Now if I can just get my head back into working order I would be a happy person!!!

 Dear Family,


Oh man mom! That really makes for a fun week when you ear drums burst. Sheesh. What now? And Sinaih is having another! That is so awesome!


This past week was a pretty good one. It started off strong and finished strong. I also had 2 of the best meals i have ever had on my mission. Biggest and best ribs ever, and home-maid Raising Canes. WOW.



A and T haven't come to church for some legit reasons, they are experiencing some hardcore opposition and T was in an accident last Saturday which put him out of work and he was too banged up to make it to church. This week they were sick, and they had no way to church because the car was still messed up. T is the only one with his green card so he is the only one that can work, but his troubles are that he can't find a job. On Saturday they ran flat broke and had no food in the apartment so they couldn't eat, and they barely ate anything on Sunday. We didn't find that out till yesterday. The member that we were with sent an email out to ward council last night about that, but at our dinner last night we just mentioned that they were struggling and they immediately stood up and started putting food in boxes to give to them. The B's are so sweet. I love these members. They are so willing to help out any way that they can. It was awesome making that delivery to them. :) I love them.

Our new investigator for the week is D! Oh man this guy is so sweet. He looks a little crazy, but is pretty solid. We were on exchanges with the spanish Elders when they found him. He is just awesome. We taught him part of the first lesson yesterday, and all throughout it he kept saying things like "I just want to change." and "I want to man up and do what is right". So as we were talking about the Savior and His earthly ministry, we felt prompted to move to talking about His baptism. About how His life was an example for us, and that it was a commandment to be baptized, and that by being baptized you access the Atonement. Man he was all for that! The lesson kind of stopped there, but we felt that is what needed to be taught. We have a lesson set up for Tuesday with him and we will be putting him on date for the beginning of next month. I just love being a missionary. It is so COOL!

Well that's about it for this last week. I always feel like i leave stuff out. Oh well. OH! We have our Zone Temple Day this week, so i will be in the temple on Thursday. So excited to go, i love it there. I'm looking forward to this week, it's going to be a good one. We have some great lessons lined up. I definitely feel a difference from all the prayers and fasting, thank you all so much. I love how much the gospel has become real to me. It's so interesting how a witness from the Holy Ghost becomes something that i guess could feel more physical than something that is actually physical, and yet it is so hard to describe and put into words. But man am i so grateful for it. I am so grateful for my Savior and what He did and continues to do for me. I love Him so much. I'm grateful for this time my Heavenly Father has given me to be a missionary, it has been the greatest time of my life. I'm so looking forward to the next few weeks. Find teach and BAPTIZE!

-Elder Chrys Adam Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment