Friday, January 18, 2013

It must be January Blah......

     So I sat here all week thinking about what I should write. Should I write about how cold it is? Should I write that Chet and James shared their love with me and I just loved how my stomach felt this last week. I sometimes feel that even though January is a new start to a new year it is also a blah month. It's cold, everyone gets sick, there's not a fun holiday like Christmas, it's January Blah. I guess I will let the Elder talk about his adventures in a new area.............
 
Dear family,


What's up with all the sickness over there? Well i guess it's over here too, but man! I hope you all get feeling better! I'm glad to hear all the reading that's going on! 2 Nephi is great! I just finished Alma!

I don't have much time today so this will probably be short.

This past week was pretty good, our investigators are great! Our most solid ones are Pharrin and Megan. They are sweet! Pharrin was found a few months ago by some other elders and just loves the church, and the ward has really taken her in! The only thing that has kept her from getting baptized is that she lives with her boyfriend. But that is all changing!! We dropped by on night and she answered the door and she was like, "Hey sorry guys i've got company over and we're all planning a wedding. We're planning on getting married on Valentines Day!" We were pretty shocked at that ha ha but we are so excited! So the ward now is taking over and planning everything with her. Megan is a friend that is staying with them for the time being and we just started teaching her last week. She hasn't been very religious in her life but is super open to it! And has so many questions! We dropped by last night to set up a time to meet and she handed us a paper with all her life's questions on it. We will be having a lesson tonight and we will be focusing a lot on answering those and helping them commit to baptism. It's going to be a great night.

This ward is awesome, it's been a great experience serving here already. We got a call Saturday night by the ward clerk asking us to speak on Sunday, so both of us were able to speak. That went great! I don't remember telling you, but i also got to speak 2 weeks ago in Batesville. I was informed that i was to be the last speaker right before the second to last speaker was announced in sacrament meeting. So that was fun! ha ha. So this time was nice to have more than 10 minutes to prepare. This ward is so good at giving us things to do and names to visit, i love it! They are pretty missionary minded and very proactive. It's just great to be surrounded by people who are so willing to serve and help one another, what a blessing.

Well i need to be headed off now, i am out of time. This gospel is so true! I love being a part of this great and wonderful church. I love the Book of Mormon and the guidance of modern prophets. Jesus Christ does live and love us and His Atonement is real! The Gospel is how we access it and it is how we can be changed. I love this work and i love being a missionary.

I love you all! Thank you for everything you do for me! and for keeping me warm! :) Have a great week!!!! Share the gospel!

-Elder Chrys Robinson

Oh and we feed squirrels outside our apartment. It is AWESOME. I will get pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment