Sunday, December 16, 2012

Laughing, listening, life.......

      I really didn't have the words to post a few days ago. I had to just sit and think on thing. If I write what I really feel I think I will cry. So I will write what brought me joy this week. We went to a friends house for a birthday party. We haven't seen them in years. After sitting at the table meeting new friends and seeing my old ones, I remembered how much I loved being around them. We shared our life stories  with trust in the people around us. We cried and then laughed so hard we couldn't breathe. It was truly a evening of need. I walked away knowing why I loved these friends so much. They have the biggest hearts and love the Lord. They show it in everything they do. I came home recharged. I am grateful for so many things in my life. But with such bad things happening in the world, it's good to know there is love in it also. In church today our speaker from the high council said " The only solution to Connecticut is the Kingdom of God. Spreading the word of God." Let us be examples and spread the word and love of God. That's where the happiness is.......   <3 p="p">

 Dear family,


Woo Spencer is home! Thanks for sending the pictures ma! I love them, Jacob is all like, 70's looking kind of ha ha. Spencer looks the same! Good ol Spence. Devin has his call already?! Gosh i know i say this a lot but time flies. I heard from Elder Riggs yesterday that Carson got her mission call!! That's awesome!!!

Well like always, i don't have a lot of time today. We've got a billion things to do! So i'll have to rush through this a little.

We had another booming week! We have 4 people on date for baptism!! Things are picking up so much lately, it's hard to stay caught up sometimes. Last week we put Tyler on date! It was awesome! We were doing an overview of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for him and he said, "This is so cool, I really like this. I would really like to be baptized." So he is on date for Dec. 29th with Matt!! We are so excited. They came to church and really enjoyed it, and then Sunday night a member family took them along with us to a fireside in Dayton where Shawn Bradley was speaking. It was great! The spirit was really strong and the chapel and gym were packed!! Shawn is so awesome, he talked a lot about making right choices, and not just making them in the moment but making them early in life. He chose to serve a mission 15 years before he even did and he said making that decision so early helped him to make correct choices through the rest of his life. It was really inspirational and the things he said were so true. Matt and Tyler really enjoyed it and are really loving the gospel. You can really see the change in them as they are embracing all this, it's so cool to see. And Matt quit smoking! Woo! :D

We also put CV and Emily on date for January 19th! We went over and had dinner with them and had a great lesson that i think pointed them in the right direction. It was all on baptism and change. They brought up all the concerns that we were worried about and the spirit addressed them and set them on the path! Emily is having a hard time right now with the baby and all, but they are doing so good. We love them so much and are so excited for them!

On Thursday we had a dinner with a less-active member and her friend actually stayed for it and the lesson afterwards!! The member said that she had been working on getting her to take the lessons for years but she wouldn't do it. So that is definitely good thing! Her name is Kathy, and she is pretty willing to make some changes. She just kept saying how much she want to get right with God and fix things up. So we taught her the restoration and invited her to be baptized and she accepted! She doesn't have a date right now, but she soon will! We should be meeting with her this Thursday for another lesson.

April and Ashish made it to the Ward Christmas Party on Saturday, but then got sick and couldn't make it Sunday morning. So we will hopefully be going over today or sometime soon to give them a blessing. They are so amazing. I don't think I've loved another family besides my own so much! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted me to teach them :)

Things are really moving right now. I LOVE it. I haven't had this much fun ever. We knocked like half of this tiny town on Sunday and we have a couple lessons set up for tomorrow night! And another set up for tomorrow afternoon in Batesville. The ward members are really reaching out and helping our investigators, they are so supportive. I love these people so much, and my desire to help them come to Christ grows every day. My testimony grows every day. I love my Savior so much and i am so grateful for Him during this Christmas season and always. We had our mission Christmas Devotional yesterday and man it was amazing. The spirit was so strong through the whole thing. At the end of it all they had a slide show of all the pictures that the missionaries sent in for the baptisms and things that happened this past year and it was so good. I was choked up the whole time but the second to last picture of the slide show was of Linda and I at her baptism, boy did that send Elder Riggs and I over the edge! It was a great day yesterday.

Well I gotta go! Have a great week! I love you all so much! Share the gospel! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CHRISTMAS CARDS AND PACKAGES! :D

-Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment