Friday, March 13, 2009

My "Oh My HECK!" day...

7:28 am Get a call saying Nate had been hit by a car while on his bike. 
8:10 am Dropping off kids late to school so I can go to the hospital and meet Chet there.
10:00am Taking x-rays to dentist and waiting for Nate to get there ( you do need front teeth if you are over the age of 8).
11:30 am Taking Nate (who has two front teeth again) to the chiropractor.
12:30 pm Getting home to make a sandwich and not eating it because James forgot his Colorado homework. I love going to school more than I have too.
1:10 pm talking on the phone and eating my sandwich before I have to run back to school to get the kids.
2:15 pm Falling in the parking lot ( yes, I forgot how to walk) while getting James. I had to do it when all the mom's where there. 
2:30 pm Get home to find Nate's meds kicking in and he is feeling good. Now I need to make brownies for Livvy because they will be here soon!

This has been a crazy day. Through all of this it comes down to one thing. BLESSINGS. Chrys and James wanted to get home to make sure Nate was ok. People have been calling and Nate is thankful that people care about him. We have been so blessed by good people who helped us this morning in Nate's care. It is nice to have him on the couch watching a movie. I am grateful for all of my children. When things like this happen you love them even more. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted me with the care of all my children even if they are older, the caring doesn't stop, it just gets stronger! It may have been a crazy day, but if was filled with blessings and family. What could be better...

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! hope nate's okay! what a day for you. you are such an amazing mother. your family is so lucky/blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying so, sometimes I feel like if I can just make it to the end of the day it will all be ok. Nate is sore, but he is healing. We are so blessed he is ok. He just needs a SHOWER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy! I'm so sorry to hear about Nate! If it wasn't so late here I would call and talk to you and see how everything is going but it's almost 11 pm and I'm sure everyone is asleep.
    A quick update. Baby Sarah is growing like a weed and Matt is having nose surgery tomorrow to correct his deviated septum (forgive the spelling if it's incorrect). It's nothing serious but in the long run it will help him. Thank heavens for the Military and it's free medical! Let me know if there is anything we can do from our end. We love you and think of you often! Send Nate our Love!

    ReplyDelete