Thursday, October 8, 2009

How life changes...

I have been having a hard time lately. I usually talk to my friend Laurie, but she passed away 15 months ago. I do have other friends, but I feel like their lives are so busy it would be unfair to burden them. So here I sit feeling the need to just unload.
These past two years have been really hard financially. One day you have a house the next you have to short sell it. One day you have rent money the next you have $20. It has put a lot of stress on the family. It is a hard time to find a job and that doesn't help either.
One day your husband goes to help at your parents house and is there for 3 minutes and has a tree branch fall on his head. It has been six months. He has changed in ways that I go to bed angry at him. I can not get over my anger. I cry and try to understand why he is doing things the way he feels they should be done. The little changes have made big issues in our marriage. I have been mad at him, but not like this. It's like I am mad at another person. I am trying to understand what he is doing and saying. I know he has a brain injury. I feel like I need to get to know him again. I love this man so much! I see him laughing with the kids and I think there he is and I want to hold on to it. It's not all bad, just different. He cries when he realizes that he is different and feels like he is letting us down. I know we will find a way to fix this it will just take time.
I'm not writing this to get the pity vote of the week. I am writing this to thank my Heavenly Father for my blessings. I have a beautiful family. The best ever. I feel he is waiting for me to make it through this challenge and move on to the next. An Eternal Family is worth working for. I have a loving husband. He loves me and tells me all the time. We know it will take time, but we will make it through together. I do know Heavenly Father loves me. I am grateful for his love every night as I pray myself to sleep. I am also grateful to all my friends. I have so many wonderful people in my life.
I thank you all for letting me unload. I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it has been one of those days. So sorry to hear about it. Seems like you're going through a rough time right now. I'm so sorry. I hope that things with Chet get better and back to "normal", though I have decided there is no normality in life. We just go forward with our heads held high and with Faith. The Lord is mindful of each one of us. I know he is watching over you and your family. Keep doing what you're doing!
    Hugs,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys and keep you in my prayers! I just have to say AGAIN, I love you.

    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate. We have been struggling financially with this economic craziness for the past two year. We went from being able to buy anything we needed to barely getting food on the table. But I can definitely see how Heavenly father was preparing us for the next thing...we just found out we are expecting baby number 4...making 4 kids under 3. Wow. a shocker to say the least. But we are so blessed. I know that He is watching over us and has a plan for us. I can now look back and see why we went through all that we did.

    I know you will get through these mountains and make it to the beautiful view at the top.

    You are such a sweet, thoughtful, giving, fun, and special person. You touch all you come in contact with for good.

    Keep your head up! I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wendy,
    I had no idea about Chet's accident! You have made me realize how quicly things can change, and to be grateful for the way things are right now even if it's not ideal. I am so glad that your husband is alive. Brain injuries are so difficult; I have a brother who had a brain stem injury and a friend who's husband suffered 5 traumatic brain injuries last year. It is hard to accept the changes in personality, habits, etc. It is also scary to see someone you know so well change so much. I hope you know that I am your friend and that I am so grateful you were brave enough to share your struggles. How else will your friends know to reach out and help? I love you and pray that you will feel comforted!
    Heidi Bauer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,

    I am so glad that you are trying to understand him. It's very easy to just be mad. As some one who has gone through something similar, the very most important thing to him is knowing that you are there for better or worse, good and bad, loving him through it. It's very hard to not be the person you have always been,for myself, I hate the way I am sometimes. The truth is that it can't be helped in certain situations. The love is what carries us through.

    As you have read our blog and heard me say similar things, I feel for you. We all miss Laurie, some how she was the shoulder for everyone. The struggle financially and otherwise are very much a hard part in a marriage and it is affecting many. It doesn't make it any easier on you to know that, but know you are not alone. We are all here for each other.

    I wish you peace and happiness

    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete